Clearly Plastic can cut rectangular shapes out of most of our stock plastics while you wait. All you have to do is specify the size you need. The scrap pieces are always given to the customer. Our cutting charge $4.00 per piece, regardless of size. For shapes other than rectangle see CNC services below.
NOTE: The industry standard tolerance for cutting services is +/- 1/8". Tighter tolerances of up to .005" are available with CNC.
CNC cut irregular shapes.
We can CNC cut unique shapes out of any of our stock plastic sheets. Cut ovals, letters or symbols are the most common. Prices ranges from $2.50 to $6.00 per square foot. CNC Services are provided by our Asheville store and delivered weekly to other Clearly Plastic locations.
CNC charges for sheets 48" x 96" or less:
- $2.50 per ft2 for any single shape. Minimum Charge $48.
- $3 per ft2 for up to 4 shapes cut in a 4' x 8' area. Minimum Charge $48.
- $4 per ft2 for up to 12 shapes cut in a 4' x 8' area. Minimum Charge $64.
- $5 per ft2 for up to 48 shapes cut in a 4' x 8' area. Minimum Charge $86.
- $6 per ft2 for up to 192 shapes cut in a 4' x 8' area. Minimum Charge $102.
CNC Design Files:
There are three ways to make your CNC cut file.
- You can just tell us what you want and we'll do the rest. This works best for simple shapes like a circle of a particular size.
- You may provide us a vector graphics file of the shape you require. PDF format works great!
- This option requires a little more effort and a piece of cardboard. You simply cut out a cardboard template of the shape that you want. Your template is placed on the CNC bed and traced with a probe to create digital file. For cardboard templates, please use cardboard that is at least 1/4" thick so that the sensor can "feel" the edge. Tracing services start at $25 per pattern depending on complexity.